Saturday June 4 to Saturday June 11, 2022
Our community loves watching you work and buys images of their favorite local shops, mills, waterways, historic homes and buildings, gardens and restaurants!
Your sheer presence is the vibe that sells artwork and makes our event so memorable.
KICKOFF EVENT: Sunday, June 5, 2022, 3 – 5pm
“Fresh from Cedarburg”on the Cedarburg City Hall Lawn W63N645 Washington Ave, Cedarburg, WI 53012
Check In & Stamping • 8 –10am • Cedarburg Art Museum
Public Sale Set Up • 2 – 2:45pm • Cedarburg City Hall Lawn*
Public Sale • 3 – 5pm • Cedarburg City Hall Lawn*
* Please note: In the event of rain, the Public portion of the event will be held in the Cedarburg
Community Center Gym, W63N643 Washington Ave) which is next to the Cedarburg City Hall Lawn
• Paint until 2pm, submit unlimited number of paintings for Fresh from Cedarburg (FFC).
• Subject(s) needs to be located within the historic district
• Paintings for FCC may be from June 5 painting but must adhere to the above rule regarding subject(s) for FCC .
• Bring Your Easel(s)! All paintings on display must be on an easel.
Sell a piece then simply replace on same easel. You may put more than one painting on easel if small and secure enough.
• Paintings must be signed, appropriately framed, mounted and securely wired for hanging.
• Check in stamp must be visible on the back of each painting.
No painting sales on Sunday, June 5, except for the Fresh from Cedaburg Event
• The first 165 artists to register will be accepted. Registration is only available online.
• $65 fee entitles artist to participate in all events. Fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
MAIN EVENT GUIDLINES:
A minimum of 95% of each painting must be created on-site, within the event boundaries, in the true spirit of plein air painting. Minor adjustments or corrections may only be done in a studio to fix forms or colors. A painting will be disqualified for judging if:
• the artist is found using an ipad or photos on their easel;
• the artist is standing outside the boundaries;
• or artists intentionally impede the sightline of another artist.
Main Event: The artist must be standing within the boundary of the Main Event Map. Main Event Boundary Map
Fresh from Cedarburg: Subject needs to be located within the historic district. Fresh From Cedarburg Painting Boundary Map
PAINTING PERIOD: Saturday, June 4 • 8am, (Stamping begins)
Thursday, June 9 •10am as Painting Drop is 11am, no exceptions.
CHECK-IN & STAMPING: Stamping: Saturday, June 4 through Wednesday, June, 8 from 8am – 10am
Painting drop: Thursday, June 9 • 10am, no exceptions Coach House located behind the Cedarburg Art Museum, W63N675 Washington Ave, Cedarburg, parking available in the rear.
• media may include: oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels and gouache
• for dark colored materials, please paint a white patch to provide a legible stamping area
• cradle boards acceptable
• gallery wrap canvas not acceptable
• each artist may submit three (3) paintings for the Main Event
• framed paintings cannot exceed 30” in any direction
PAINTING SUBMISSIONS: Thursday, June 9 • 8am – 11am at the Cedarburg Cultural Center, W62 N546 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg
• each artist may submit three (3) paintings, which may include unsold Fresh from Cedarburg event paintings
• check-in stamp must be visible on the back of each painting
• paintings must be signed, appropriately framed, mounted and securely wired for hanging
• We reserve the right to refuse any improperly framed paintings, wrapped canvases, stained mats, alligator hangers or those with wet paint on the edges.
• The price will be set by the artists at the time of submission.
• Price changes will not be allowed after painting submission. Any manual price changes found on title cards will result in the removal of the corresponding painting from the exhibit.
• The Cedarburg Artists’ Guild will retain a 35% commission on all exhibition painting sales.
• Artist payments will be mailed to the address provided at registration within 2 weeks following the sale.
OFF-EASEL OR POST-EXHIBIT SALES:
• 10% finder’s fee on all off-easel or post-exhibit sales.
• Off Easel Sales may begin on Monday, June 6, no sooner.
• Off Easel sales: Fees may be given to the Cedarburg Plein Air Event cashier at the Cedarburg Cultural Center during the public sale, June 10-11 or mailed to: Cedarburg Artists Guild, PO Box 663, Cedarburg, WI 53012. Make checks payable to Cedarburg Artists Guild. Also, please provide the buyer’s name and address, so we may invite them to the Collector event next year.
JUDGING: Thursday, June 9 • 2 – 7pm. The judges for the main event are nationally-known plein air artists:
Andy Fletcher, Shelby Keefe and Tom Kubala
PAINTING WORKSHOP: June 3, 2022, 2 – 9 or 10 p.m.
To register for painting workshops held in conjunction with Paint Cedarburg, email Andy Fletcherdirectly: email to register: email@example.com
AWARDS: Presented Friday, June 10 at 9:30 pm directly following the Artists Choice Voting, Cedarburg Cultural Center, W62 N546 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg
BEST OF SHOW – Purchase award $3,000 Cedarburg Art Museum, sponsored by Ozaukee Bank’s Gift to the Future Fund • 2nd Place $1,000 • 3rd Place $500 • (4) Honorable Mentions Gift Certificates $250 each (sponsored by Blick Art Materials and Jack Richeson and Company)
Best of the City of Cedarburg:SANDRA MCCUTHEON PAPE:
1st Place $500 • 2nd Place $300 • 3rd Place $150
PAINT THE LAKE:1st Place $500 • 2nd Place $300
NOCTURNE:1st Place $300
ARTISTS CHOICE AWARDS:1st Place $300 • 2nd Place $200 (selected by participating Artists):
Each artist may only win one of the above awards with the exception of the Artists Choice Award. Artists awarded more than $550 must complete a federal form W-9 prior to receiving the cash.
• Cedarburg Cultural Center, W62 N546 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg
• All paintings must be picked up on Saturday, June 11 between 5 – 6:30pm
• Artists removing paintings without consent will be banned from participating in the 2023 event.
• Abandoned paintings will be donated to the Cedarburg Artists Guild.
VOLUNTEER FOR PAINT CEDARBURG:
Do you have a few hours? Please consider signing up to volunteer at the Paint Cedarburg event. There are many very easy, simple, and really fun jobs that only require 1-2 hours of your time. Work with other artists and art collectors.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regardless of cause, the artist agrees to bear all risk and expense for any loss, theft or damage to their artwork or other personal property or injury to their person. The artist agrees to be responsible for insuring their artwork, all necessary shipping, and to abide by all rules set by the Cedarburg Artists Guild.